Hi, I am an English Working Cocker Spaniel and my name is Milo-even though I am a girl-my name rather than the Irish boys name derives from the Australian Chocolate drink "Milo" because of the colour of my coat(which is chocolate brown). My mother was called Mars-you can see the theme developing can't you.
I was born thirteen years ago in the lovely village of Combe Hay just outside a city called Bath. I have lived a blissful life chasing pheasants and lazing in the sun, catching the odd rabbit and scrambling down badger holes-in my youth. To my utter delight my humans acquired The Wheatsheaf Combe Hay and it has been my absolute pleasure to spend my retirement here, meeting and greeting the customers, seeing off ferocious intruders(pheasants, rabbits and unfriendly looking dogs) and dining on splendid michelin food! I admit I have grown a little around the girth and no longer actually catch the rabbits but this is a small price to pay to live in such auspicious environs.
I have made some new friends here at The Wheatsheaf and my advice to any other dogs living in restaurants is choose your friends carefully. For example, Never, Never actually go into the kitchen(you are likely to get a boot up the bum!) however it is important to befriend the creatures called "Chefs"! They are the source of all things delicious and if you always make the most tremendous fuss when they arrive or step out of the cauldron,
they often believe they are special and when, perhaps there are some trimmings or leftovers, they are truly inclined to pop them in your bowl! The other humans who can prove helpful are the "waiting staff". These humans wander back and forth through the restaurant with plates filled with gourmet delights-my first tip is - follow them, secondly look endearingly yet nonchanantly at the recipients and you may find little titbits coming your way from the customers. However, never beg it is so unbecoming, rather roll on to your back and get your tummy tickled-humans love this!
Enough of this for the moment-there is work to do-breakfast is being served and I quite fancy a sausage this morning.
Thursday, 14 August 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment